Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ended up in L&D tonight....

Overall today wasn't a bad day other than my kids not wanting to listen to simple come here or go play and get out from under my feet...but I can't complain because for the most part...they ALL played well together without fighting...and we even had 4 of the neighborhood kids over here!  After such an easy day the night has SUCKED!!!  We all know that pregnancy isn't always easy...and its damn sure not always fun.  With the aches, pains and weir shit that our bodies go through I am seriously shocked that we have so many people walking this earth lol.  And some of us actually do it more than once!  So it started this evening, my feet and legs are swollen rather often lately, its all part of is not, however, ok that my feet and legs were so swollen that they were hurting and had impressions where my flip flops(which were a little tight tonight) were.  Once I got all the kids ready for bed and laid down I sat down for a few mins and started seeing floating spots and had a general weak feeling, so I called my dr and he wanted me to go to L&D to have my BP monitored....oh what fun!  So I spent the last 2 hours hooked up to monitors and being poked and prodded and all sorts of fun stuff...all of that to be told that my BP is a little high but not enough to worry about and that I need to stay off my feet as much as possible with 3 kids, drink more water(which is pretty much all I drink since most everything else gives me horrid heartburn), try not to get too hot because it will cause me to get dehydrated and that can cause more problems(it was in the mid 80's today, I seriously thought I was going to burst into flames several times today), and to cut back on my salt intake(ok so thats a great theory BUT pretty much EVERYTHING has salt in it and I eat fairly bland as is because, again, most things give me heartburn, and now you want to take the ONE thing that gives my food a little taste away!  You may as well kill me now!)  I go to see my dr again Wednesday and he's going to do a NST and hook me up to monitor my BP again and we will go from there.  Good news is the baby's heartbeat looked perfect, he's still a grumpy little child who doesn't like his space invaded and kept running from the monitors and I'm about 3 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about there, that means that once I do go into labor I only have to thin(efface) 50% more and dilate(open) 6 1/2 more cm so labor wont take quite as long.  Yay me!  Since my labors with the other 3 were all pretty quick and, for the most part, painless, I plan on laboring at home for as long as possible.  That means that I can be more comfortable and I can update here more often.  Yay for you! lol

Well, its midnight and I feel gross from walking through the hospital so I am off here to shower and pass the hell out.  G'night and as always comments as always welcome and encouraged :)

No comments:

Post a Comment