Friday, May 11, 2012

How could it not be racism?

I would love to hear what you have to say about all of this but please don't come at me if you haven't informed yourself with the facts of what is going on and please be as respectful as possible.  I love a good discussion/debate as much as the next person but I will delete any comments that are derogatory or rude to me or anyone else.  No name calling or threatening will be tolerated.  Now for me to start my rant....enjoy :)

There was a story on the news not too long ago that caught my attention and the longer they talk about it the more it pisses me off.  A man and a woman, both reporters for the local newspaper, were jumped by a group of African American teenagers, both of the people that were jumped are caucasian.  Typically this wouldn't bother me, you know, it's just another violent crime in the area and there's nothing to it.  But, the story goes on to say that EVERY ONE of the people that did the beating were African American, now forgive me if I am wrong but that seems racial to me.  What pisses me off even more is that the story didn't make it to the news for almost 2 weeks after it happened.  Why not?  If it were the other way around and it was 2 black people that were beat by a bunch of white people it would have been on the news that night AND they would have been screaming that it was racial.  Why is it we have this double standard?  What is it about the African American culture that makes them think that EVERY crime committed against them is racially provoked?  Why is it if a white person does it we are racist but when its the other way around its just another crime?  I was also reading that black on white crime has been on the rise since the Martin/Zimmerman thing happened.  I won't tell you my opinion on that case because that's another post in itself.  Anyway, since that case wasn't handled like the general public wanted it to be there has been a rise in black on white crime that you aren't hearing anything about.  Why not?  Why aren't we hearing about these things happening?  Are we afraid of being called racist for bringing attention to it?  Are we scared that it will add fuel to the fire?  Showing things for what they really are?  There is a race war going on NOW!  It's more of an issue now than it has been in a very long time and unless you read the paper or go searching online, you aren't going to hear about it.  It's total bullshit!  I want the same damn rights as everyone else!  I want people to know that white people are being beaten by groups of African Americans for no reason other than they are pissed off over a case that has NOTHING to do with them personally.  I understand that that particular case was/is really messed up, and I think that there needs to be justice in the case.  Zimmerman needs to see jail time.  But when it comes down to it, that case has zero to do with anyone but the families that were effected by what happened, and the neighbors that witnessed it.
I am far from a racist person, but I feel that this is something that needs to be brought to light.  Stop being scared of what is going to happen when you speak the truth and let it be known damn it!

I'm out of here for now.  As always comments are always welcome and please follow my page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment