Saturday, July 14, 2012

Spanking...women?!

So I was sitting outside enjoying a little "mommy time out time" and reading some little stories and such on the net when i came across one about men spanking women. Not for sexual gratification but as punishment. I would post a link to the story but my phone won't let me. Anyways, the story was based off a newspaper article from the late 50's and every man they interviewed said that women should be spanked if they are out of line. So after reading this I did a quick search and found several articles on the subject and its becoming a more popular way of "dealing" with relationship issues when the man feels the woman is out of line. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with being spanked for sexual gratification but as punishment...I don't think so.  Im an adult and I am more than aware of what is right and wrong. Forgive me if I'm wrong but the purpose of spanking is to correct bad behavior and let a child know that whatever they have done is serious enough to warrent a punishment that they will remember. The reason parents resort to spanking is because all other punishments have failed to teach them that what they are doing is wrong and kids seem to forget what they are told fairly quickly. As an adult we are able to have a conversation, be told what we did wrong and correct the behavior on our own. It sounds to me like these women that are being spanked are involved in a D/s relationship and are allowing it to happen.  More power to them if that is the type of relationship that they want to be in and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if it makes them happy.  Honestly this is the only logical answer I can come up with as to why these women are allowing men to spank them as punishment.  Maybe it has something to do with the newest reading craze, 50 Shades of Grey.  I mean lets face it ladies, these books are HOT!  But that doesn't mean that we need to do whats in the book does it?  I don't know, I may be wrong with both of my guesses and it's just something that these people feel like they need to do *shrugs* to each their own I suppose.  I would love to hear opinions on this one if you have one.
I'm off to work on finishing another post that I have been procrastinating on.  As always comments are always welcome and please share my page with your friends <3

3 comments:

  1. actually from my understanding this is coming from the victorian age, corporal punishment was used by Men for not only children but women as well because women were viewed as inferior to men. There are obviously still some (on both sides of the sexes) that feel this way. Why? I dont really have an answer for that and no im not one of them. I agree with you on the use of spanking for sexual "punishment" when used in a D/s relationship on an adult woman but thats as far as it extends with me. I dont judge others by the way their thought processes work unless of course they are just plain stupid but some men and women view that Men are superior of the genders and then there are some men and women who view women as the superior gender. A topic of debate? Maybe...or perhaps its just a power struggle and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point but I have to give my opinion on that too. Men are not superior to women nor are women to men. And even if men are viewed as superior to women, that does not give them the right to spank a woman simply because he feels that she is out of line. I find it absolutely stupid that this is still happening in 2012! Again, for sexual gratificatoin it's one thing, but as punishment in a relationship just because the woman doesn't bow down to the man, hell no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree hun, and as I said I do not fall into either of the two categories, which for as long as you've known me I hope you already realize, I was just explaining things that I have noticed from friends and in the populace in general.

    ReplyDelete