Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hospitals suck...

It's been awhile since I have had a chance to really update and I totally feel like shit about it, sorry guys.  It's been a crazy week and showing no signs of getting any better ugh.  I'll start with last Tuesday.  Mr. Worm had his 2 month appointment last week and he's doing great developmentally, but he's not growing like they think he should so they sent him to have blood work done and we had to go back Friday for a weight check.  When we went back for the weight check he had gained 3 ounces which is GREAT!  But his liver enzymes were elevated, the Dr told me she wasn't too worried about it but she wanted us to come back today for another weight check and to have blood drawn again to see if his levels were still high.  So we went back today and he had only gained 1/2 an ounce so she skipped having blood drawn again and sent him to be admitted into the hospital.  They have already drawn blood and I know that his levels have gone up even more than where they were last week.  So here I sit worried sick and unable to do anything to make it better.  It's a really helpless feeling knowing that something is wrong with your perfect child and you have no idea what it is that is going on or how to make it better.  I desperately want to yell at the dr's and tell them that they need to try to figure this out NOW not tomorrow, not the day after that but RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!  Y'all say some prayers for me and my precious little worm please.
As always comments are always welcome and please share my page with our friends <3

3 comments:

  1. i can tell that this type of situation is where being a parent sucks, wanting to help, dying to help but either not having the ability to do so or not having an idea how to do so. All you can do is be there, but you're a wonderful mother so i know you're already doing that, the other as you already said, just keep up your prayers and your perfect little man will be confirmed as being perfectly healthy. I havent had the chance to say it much but Im always here if you need to talk...or in your case, vent :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you don't know me, but I just made a comment on your thread on babycenter. Just in case you didn't see it I want to re-post it here...

    I just wanted to throw something out there. My 2 year old DD was diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency when she was a few days old. She is doing very well so far, but I wanted to let you know that some of the symptoms are elevated liver enzymes and failure to gain weight. Also, light colored stools. I don't know what color your LO's stools are but anyway... I would suggest having DS tested for Alpha-1. It's somewhat rare, so some doctors are not well educated on it. My DD had elevated liver enzymes and jaundice when she was born and it took them a while to figure out what it was.

    Just thought I'd pass that on. Good luck with your little one! I hope things turn out fine. Let us know what you find out, OK?

    Ashley
    ashcar16@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also like to mention that I know what you're going through. When my DD had to be in the hospital and got tons of tests done it was the most stressful experience of my life. It's so hard not knowing what is wrong. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete