Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Start of a New School Year, and a New Journey

Its that time of year again, back to school time.  Typically I am celebrating with the other moms and anxiously waiting on the first day of school like a kid waiting for Christmas.  But not this year.  This year I have decided to homeschool my kids and I am terrified!  Lesson plans, teaching three kids in three different grades and taking care of a very demanding toddler.  I'm still not exactly sure how I am going to pull this off and keep what little sanity I have left.  But, I'm sure once we get a routine down it will all work out.  I don't doubt my ability to teach them, I know I am more than capable and that they are all smart enough to pick up on anything we do quickly.  What I am doubting is my time management skills.  Time management has never been a strong point of mine and I have been known(more often than I care to admit) to procrastinate until the last possible minute.  I am more than aware that that is not something that I can do any longer, but I'm not exactly sure how its all going to play out, especially on those days that Mr. Sy has decided to not let me sleep.  I guess one good thing is that we wont have to get up at the ass crack of dawn and rush around looking for lost shoes and run away back packs.  We can get up and take our time waking up and getting started so long as we aren't too late getting going.  Major perk for someone who HATES mornings.
I fully intend to keep y'all updated on how things are going and now that I have a reliable internet connection it wont be so long between updates.
Well my loves, its getting late and I have some things I need to get done before attempting to pass out for the night.  Bub has a friend staying over tonight and even though they were 11pm falling asleep, I am sure they will all be awake bright and early tomorrow.
As always comments are always welcome and please share my page with your friends <3

No comments:

Post a Comment